TruckAddOns accepts no responsibility for damaged products
Where do I begin....
Pricing for the product was misrepresented. Purchase price was competitive and the product was purchased through internet shopping cart. A few days later, it was indicated the product was incorrect for my application and the correct product was a substantial increase from the price advertised on shopping cart. I went through with purchase anyway.
Charges, refunds, and subsequent charges to my credit card made for confusion as to the status of my order. Shipment came in as partial and I was not informed of incomplete shipment. I had to inquire as to when my order would be completed. Emails were ignored and finally I had to call to find out the status of my order. Representative could not tell me when my order would be completed.
Order arrived in 3 separate shipments. Each package was damaged due to inadequate packaging...without a doubt. Products had no structural damage, but cosmetic blemishes were abundant. The heavy product (truck shocks) penetrated through the box and paint was chipped off. The shocks were just thrown in a box with no stabilizing padding to prevent mobility of product in box. Holes in packing resulted in the loss of installation hardware.
TruckAddOns blames Rancho for inadequate packaging and blames Fed Ex for improper handling. TruckAddOns will not accept any responsibility for damaged product. I had intended to purchase additional products from TruckAddOns, but employee BOB could not reassure me that additional purchases would be handled with better care. I was willing to live with cosmetic damage to the shocks exterior, but BOB disputed every issue I brought forward, was overly defensive, and combative towards my complaints; unwilling to accept any responsibility as the distributor of the product. In which case I decided I would not accept the damaged goods and would take my business elsewhere.
Now I am forced to file a claim with Fed Ex. Having owned a retail business before, I know that Fed Ex will not accept responsibility for damaged product considering the way it was packaged. I do not blame Fed Ex. A child could identify the reason for the damaged product. It was not due to improper handling, but rather it was due to insufficient packaging.
In discussing this with BOB of TruckAddOns, he admitted the packaging was poor; however, he said this was not his problem and to take my complaint to the manufacturer (who drop shipped the package). I did not purchase the product from Rancho, but rather TruckAddOns. Why should I have to escalate my complaint to Rancho?
Bob portrays TruckAddOns business motto as "fast and cheapest". First of all, it took over two weeks to receive the complete order and secondly the price was too good to be true as it was misrepresented and later increased.
If their motto of "fast and cheapest" was true....it still is not worth the inconvenience of damaged product and utterly inept and incompetent customer service.
Do not waste your time and money on TruckAddOns. I learned the hard way that it is better to pay a few bucks more and support your local economy. Plus if you have a problem you can deal with the distributor face to face. Instead of having a guy like BOB flex his internet muscles and dismissing all of your concerns.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Rancho 9000Xl Shocks
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I originally bought a 4L60e HD package [$1400 + $200 (tc) + $150 (fluid)]. I told them exactly what I had: lifted 4x4 Yukon with headers, intake, cam, & tune...."
- "Well guys and girls got my 2800-3200 stall from monster today was happy to drop it off at transmission shop to have put it .well about to hours later he..."
- "I received one of these freshners free with a scentsy order, I put it in my car, but did not hang it up as it would distract my view and..."
- "I purchased a set of 3 Star Shower Laser Lights as advertised on TV. When I opened the package to set up the laser lights for the Holidays I found..."
- "I bought a 2004 nissan 350z from the albuquerque,nm store and i had the vehicle for less than 120 days ive already had 2 issues with the vehicle pertaining to..."
- "Century link has there box on my property and it looks like a hazard! I seen two century link employees come out and then left they left box open with..."
- "...This company lied and said they attempted to deliver a package at 8:04 pm at night to a business..."
- "Ava's Flowers charged me $60 for the most pathetic arrangement that wasn't even remotely close to what I ordered. I was so embarrassed. I sent it to a client contact..."
- "I have been using Webeasy since 2007 and have created many sites with the program. I have often found glitches which were remedied by support either online or by phone,..."